SQL View Diff is simple application that could be used to see the changes in SQL Views (given that changes were made via saved scripts).
This application can be used to view the changes made to views. This application would be more useful for development teams that store SQL scripts in a shared folder.
The program could be used to:
- Inspect view changes (differences highlighted in a merge program)
- Find cases when developers "race" to change a view, and one developer's work ends up lost.
The application will work with the following criteria:
- A SQL Server database is used (with sufficient permissions)
- SQL scripts are saved to a folder (preferably with some numbering)
- A diff tool is installed (WinMerge, TortoiseDiff, etc)
A sample of the working:Given the following scripts folder contentsSync to a BRANCH database, and sync to the TRUNK scripts folder(1) shows the change from the base DB to Script 1(2) shows the change from Script 1 to Script 2